trxcon, fake-trx and osmo-bts-trx: Simulating TA + Power Control

Vadim Yanitskiy axilirator at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 21:50:50 UTC 2018

Hi Harald,

> fake_trx must be able to insert additional false "delay"
> 1) Implementation of TA in fake_trx
> 2) implementation of "fake delay" in fake_trx

Done. Great collaborative work!

> fake_trx must be able to insert additional false "path loss"
> For RSSI processing it's slightly more complicated:

This needs to be discussed.

> fake_trx would need to know the nominal transmit power
> of both MS and BTS. For this example, let's assume MS
> nominal power is +30dBm and BTS +23 dBm...

Do we really need to specify the nominal transmit power for both?
At the moment, trxcon is capable to parse the L1CTL_PARAM_REQ
messages from the higher layers, and it basically forwards
exactly TX power instead of TX attenuation to transceiver...

Or should we change this value to attenuation,
and go by the way you suggested above?

This task doesn't seem too complicated, so I'll implement this.

By the way, I have another idea. We are talking about path loss,
which does not only affect power levels, but also introduces
some bit corruption level. This could be also simulated in
FakeTRX, but first of all, it's good to know, do we need
this feature? I think it makes sense, because a MS also
reports BER in its Measurement Reports.

With best regards,
Vadim Yanitskiy.