osmo-bsc refactoring / inter-BSC handover

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon Jun 25 19:20:48 UTC 2018

After completing my initial review, some more follow-up here.

I think the general strategy to move ahead here is:
* address review comments. Sorry there are so many.  A lot of them
  are surprisingly coding style related, where there are many deviations
  from existing coding style.
* make sure that test results with old and new code are identical.
** for tests that don't pass, figure out if it's a regression or if the
   test expectation is/was wrong.
* do some manual testing [not sure if you "only" relied on test suites or
  also did manual testing with actual BTS / phones?
* run the branch in osmo-gsm-tester, also expect identical behavior
  between master and the inter-bsc-ho branch

*before* we actually do the merge, we should tag a version on the last version
before the merge, and do a release.  This way we make it easy for people to use
the older / more trusted codebase and compare against the new code in master.

Thanks again for all your efforts!