osmo-bsc refactoring / inter-BSC handover

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon Jul 2 13:49:08 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 03:57:54PM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> > I tried for very long to resolve
> > "BSC_Tests.ttcn:2755.13-2756.31: error: Message type `@BSSAP_CodecPort.BSSAP_N_CONNECT_req' is not present on the outgoing list of port type `@BSSMAP_Emulation.BSSAP_Conn_PT'"
> > but it feels like a brick wall...
>
> This specific error message tells you that the BSSAP_N_CONNECT_req type
> is not listed in the singature of the BSSAP_Conn_PT.  Let's look at its
> definition:
>
> /* port between individual per-connection components and this dispatcher */
> type port BSSAP_Conn_PT message {
> 		/* BSSAP or direct DTAP messages from/to clients */
> 	inout	PDU_BSSAP, PDU_DTAP_MO, PDU_DTAP_MT,
> 		/* misc indications / requests between SCCP and client */
> 		BSSAP_Conn_Prim,
> 		/* Client requests us to create SCCP Connection */
> 		BSSAP_Conn_Req,
> 		/* MGCP, only used for IPA SCCPlite (MGCP in IPA mux) */
> 		MgcpCommand, MgcpResponse;
> } with { extension "internal" };
>
> and this definition clearly doesn't list the related type in its
> signature.  So you're sending something to the port which it doesn't
> support.

Exactly, and I tried to add it, but couldn't figure out how to make it work. I
don't remember the details anymore, but I felt very dumb...

In short, can you help me out by making this part compile?

private function f_tc_ho_into_this_bsc(charstring id) runs on MSC_ConnHdlr {
	BSSAP.send(ts_BSSAP_CONNECT_req(g_bssap.sccp_addr_peer, g_bssap.sccp_addr_own, 2342,
			ts_BSSMAP_HandoverRequest()));
	BSSAP.receive(tr_BSSAP_CONNECT_cfm(2342, omit));
}

(the ts_BSSMAP_HandoverRequest definition is in https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/osmo-ttcn3-hacks/+/9674/4/library/BSSMAP_Templates.ttcn )

That would be great.

~N