osmo-trx with USRP1 - libusrp vs. UHD

Alexander Huemer alexander.huemer at xx.vu
Sun Jan 21 00:53:06 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 02:59:34PM +0100, Harald Welte wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 01:12:32AM +0100, Alexander Huemer wrote:
> > What I did so far is:
> > * Extract libusrp from gnuradio 3.4.2, using git filter-branch to
> >   preserve history
> > * Craft custom configure.ac
> > * Update m4 macros
> > * Small fixes here and there
>
> It might make sense to push the results into a git repository.

Agreed.

> I've created a libusrp.git on git.osmocom.org and gerrit.

Thanks.

> You should be able to push into it like any other osmocom project on
> gerrit.

Given that what I have locally is a git repository with history (from
former gnuradio.git, after filter-branch) and the repository on
git.osmocom.org is currently empty, I believe pushing into gerrit is not
yet the right thing to do, since the remote repository needs a base
content first. I can of course discard the history, but I don't think
that is beneficial.

What about first pushing directly into git and then continuing via
gerrit?

Kind regards,
-Alex