OSMO-TRX with OSMO-NITB and OSMO-BTS error

Pau Espin Pedrol pespin at sysmocom.de
Fri Jan 19 11:14:10 UTC 2018

Hi Ronan,

I did some work to fix some stability problems I saw in osmo-bts-trx
while testing osmo-trx with limesdr. They are in gerrit [1] but haven't
been reviewed yet and jenkins validation failed due to issue being
addressed in [2] which in turn was not merged yet neither.

However, while these patches clear a bit the mess in the logs and may
fix some eventual issues, the reality is that the problem is still
there, and as far as I understand they come from the limesuite layer. It
seems it fails to retrieve packets when asked from upper layers, which
means the clock is not updated and then osmo-bts-trx stops. I so far
went down through the layers to see the paths being used but got lost
around the point in which it reads from the fifo in limesuite. I
couldn't find yet who is populating that fifo from the device.

As a reminder, the issue is being tracked in [3].

[1] https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/5856
[2] https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/5818/
[3] https://osmocom.org/issues/2723

--