USRP2 and OsmoTRX

Alexander Huemer alexander.huemer at xx.vu
Mon Jan 15 20:07:30 UTC 2018

Hi!

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 01:14:07PM -0200, Rafael Diniz wrote:
> Do you know if this GPSDO would work:
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/GPS-Receiver-GPSDO-10MHz-1PPS-GPS-Disciplined-Clock-SINE-WAVE-GPS-RECEIVER/262981677836?hash=item3d3aedf30c:g:8HUAAOSwxu5ZD~MH
>
>  Feature:
>
> POWER:DC12V 1.5A
> GPS ANT POWER:DC3.3V
> 1PPS OUTPUT:Square WAVE,3.3Vpp
> 10M OUTPUT :SINE WAVE,1Vrms (13dBm+-2dB)
> RS232 OUTPUT:GPS NMEA SIGNAL
> SIZE:W*H*D=107*55*120mm
> ACCESSORY:AC110-220-DC12V ADAPTER,GPS ANT.

Well, I don't have experience with this particular device.
Observations:
* Power level of 10MHz output is right, according to [1].
* Waveform is the desired square.
* There is no specification of accuracy. Assumption is that it's good
  enough, but I think it's worth noting that there is no statement.
* The 1PPS output is a nice to have, though voltage is too low to be
  inside spec of the USRP2. I don't know how likely it is to be working
  anyways.

Have you considered using an OCXO for simplicity reasons?
There are reasonably priced boards on eBay that have an OCXO and just
the necessary components around to run it, like [2,3]. Those should be
sufficient regarding accuracy, though output waveform is sine, which is
acceptable but not ideal.
I have just invested 2 minutes in research. I am sure even better
suitable options can be found easily.

Kind regards,
-Alex

[1] https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_usrp2.html