build slaves

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon Jan 8 10:51:49 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 10:27:53AM +0100, Max wrote:
> Yes, we really need it because that's how jenkins.sh used by
> update-osmo-python-on-slaves works: by calling python setup.py ...

How then did it always work until now, without setuptools installed.

> Besides, it's only missing on build1-debian9-lxc

*And* in the Dockerfile that is building the docker image we use for various
tests, which is why we see the same error on various slaves.

With the problem I encountered described in the mail I sent a minute ago, I am
reluctant to enable the installation of newest osmo-python-tests because then
it will likely install osmotestvty.py as py3, which will render numerous py
tests unusable. So I will not install setuptools before the osmotestvty.py
problem is resolved.

~N