question about 'lai & lac' paging

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Sun Jan 7 18:15:07 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jan 06, 2018 at 11:20:37AM +0100, Harald Welte wrote:
> please don't just use magic numbers like 6 + 4 but actually define
> structs or otherwise parse the data.  Also, a LAI includes MCC+MNC, so

should probably be using gsm48_decode_lai() in libosmocore/include/osmocom/gsm/gsm48.h

> you must verify if all parameters match.

since we currently have just a single global MCC+MNC setting, being correct
means ignoring paging for mismatching MCC+MNC... I guess we want error log for
that case, since the MSC shouldn't even send us paging for mismatching MCC+MNC?

> Also, as indicated, the existing code does not traverse the cell
> identification list yet, does it?

IIUC receiving a LAI identification for paging is not related to a cell
identification list?

~N