UMTRX - Missing IMEI in the Identity Request

Ron ron.menez at entropysolution.com
Wed Feb 28 03:42:19 UTC 2018

Hi All,

We have encountered an issue in latching/phone camping using UMTRX and OSMOCOM elements.

During the registration process, encryption command fails since the OsmoBSC/BTS does not provide the IMEI in the Identity Request.

Note that the Mobile core only permits a5/1 encryption.

This issue is not encountered using ETTUS B210 with same version of OSMOCOM elements and same configuration files.

May we know if this is a known issue?

The UHD version used is the  UHD_003.010.002.HEAD-3-g122bfae1 and the UMTRX Driver used is1.0.3-128-93d4343. We used the URL below in installing the driver and module of UMTRX:

https://umtrx.org/applications/driver/

Best Regard,

Ron Menez
ron.menez at entropysolution.com<mailto:ron.menez at entropysolution.com>