docker-playground and make -C

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Fri Feb 23 02:50:46 UTC 2018

About git://git.osmocom.org/docker-playground -- I just hit an obscure case
that got me really confused:

In debian-stretch-titan/, the docker image that is built will obviously be
tagged 'debian-stretch-titan', from $PWD.

However, when I do, from the root dir:

  make -C debian-stretch-titan

then somehow the $PWD is still resolved in the root dir, and all of my images
get tagged as 'docker-playground'. wtf.

So this didn't work:

  for d in debian-stretch-titan osmo-bsc-master osmo-stp-master osmo-mgw-master ttcn3-bsc-test ; do
    make -C $d
  done

It just got me lots of untagged images, and the last one tagged as
docker-playground.

but this worked:

  for d in debian-stretch-titan osmo-bsc-master osmo-stp-master osmo-mgw-master ttcn3-bsc-test ; do
    cd $d
    make
    cd ..
  done

That's one hell of a thing to be aware of there, you can try to refresh your
images all you like if they keep being tagged with the wrong names >:(

~N