3G femtocells and core network in Python

benoit michau michau.benoit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 21:33:14 UTC 2018

Dear osmocom people,

here is a quick email to announce the initial release (or more
exactly, an update) of the "corenet" application I have been working
on those last months. It is basically a 3G and 4G core network,
entirely written in Python: it handles 3G femtocells and 4G eNodeBs,
and handsets connecting through them.

The 3G part has been made possible thanks to the accelerate3g5 program
of last year. I wanted also to thank the people running the osmocom
community and the sysmocom company.

More information is available here:
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Accelerate3g5_--_benoit
And the application itself is available on github:
https://github.com/mitshell/corenet/

Do not hesitate to test it and to provide any feedback.
Benoit