Adding priority for EMLPP service in paging type 1

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Dec 26 20:58:30 UTC 2018

Hi Snehasish,

On Wed, Dec 26, 2018 at 02:13:38PM +0000, Snehasish Kar wrote:
> Please find the updated patches:

Thanks, there were no requested related pcap traces, though.

I think you are making the wrong assumption that you can simply add a byte
to the RSL message which then magically appears on the Um interface.  Instead,
you need to study how eMLPP is actually implemented over Abis. There's an additional
information element that needs to be added to the RSL PAGING COMMAND, see Section
8.5.5 of 3GPP TS 48.058.  The IE is of type TV, so you need to msgb_put_tv(...)
to add it.

Furthermore, you will need to teach OsmoBTS (assuming you are using OsmoBTS) to
interpret that additional IE and then construct the air interface paging rest
octets from it.

Please also notice that openbsc.git is no longer maintained anymore and it is
strongly suggested you switch to the new "split NITB" architecture consisting of
osmo-bsc.git + osmo-msc.git + osmo-hlr.git.

We're very much looking forward to receiving your patches contributing eMLPP
support to the Osmocom stack.