3G Working Setup

Tomcsányi, Domonkos domi at tomcsanyi.net
Wed Dec 19 07:22:53 UTC 2018

Hello Ron,

As far as I know the only project that aims to do a NodeB using SDR is this:

http://openbts.org/w/index.php?title=OpenBTS-UMTS

Many people also try to use commercial femtocells - so far without any luck if I am correct. Sysmocom IIRC was/is in negotiation of cresting a working femtocell with some vendors, but my memory might be wrong on that.
And of course there is the nano3G too.

Cheers,
Domi