voting in gerrit: merge at +3? (+2+1 / +1+1+1)

Oliver Smith osmith at sysmocom.de
Mon Dec 10 12:30:14 UTC 2018

On 12/8/18 3:31 PM, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 04:36:27PM +0100, Oliver Smith wrote:
>> So my suggestion is, that somebody who has the permissions, tries to
>> push the rules.pl file to one not-so-important Osomocom repository for
>> test purposes. And then we simply try it out.
> the sandbox repos on gerrit
> ssh://you@gerrit.osmocom.org:29418/sandbox
>
> I gave you all sorts of permissions on the sandbox repos, but then figured, if
> I forgot something, I might as well give you admin access on the gerrit ui as
> well.

Thank you! It worked as expected. Here's a patch, that has been merged
with 3x +1 votes. It would also have been possible to submit with 1x +1
and 1x +2 (as tnt clicked first), but not without reaching 3 in total.

https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/sandbox/+/12216/

For the record, here are the steps again (now needs to be applied to
every Osmocom project repo):

  $ git fetch origin refs/meta/config:config
  $ git checkout config
  ... add rules.pl from the example, replace 2 with 3
  $ git add rules.pl
  $ git commit -m "My submit rules"
  $ git push origin HEAD:refs/meta/config

It seems that I have permissions now to do this to all projects. Should
I go ahead?

Regards,
Oliver

--