GGSN p-t-p address?

Keith keith at rhizomatica.org
Sun Aug 19 14:28:32 UTC 2018

On 18.08.2018 21:37, Harald Welte wrote:
> Hi Keith,

Hi Harald, thanks for taking the time to reply.

> it would be useful if you could provide a PCAP file of the Gb interface and
> the GTP traffic for this, so we can look at the actual ip address allocation
> as it happens in the network.
Probably not worth spending time on this to open traces etc..
I looked at the trace and see what would be expected in the pdp context
activation.

> Please note that the PPP you speak is only between the modem and the ppp daemon,
> and there is no PPP over the radio interface.  The IP address allocation happens
> via the PDP context activation on the signaling plane.
Yep, I see this, in the PDP Context Activation Ack, we have a Packet
Data Protocol Address with the IPv4 Address
then there's an PPP IP Control Protocol Configuration ACK with the
Primary and Secondary DNS.

No mention of 192.168.100.101.

Maybe this is just what the ppp code in the pppd or in the kernel uses
for the dstaddr of the p-t-p link if it is not getting this info elsewhere?

I found this page which shows the same thing
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=670714

k/