Osmo-trx build problem

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Thu Sep 21 13:09:23 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 12:39:11PM +0200, Max wrote:
> On 18.09.2017 02:38, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> > 'bumpversion' has been discussed elsewhere, with an indication that we may want
> > to remove this dependency again. It should anyway just be needed for making a
> > release, I'm not sure why this appears during normal build from source.
> It's already removed as of 98f6482ec7eb603b17e5a99fb92d28c17fcf61e9 in libosmocore.

This is not accurate. You have removed the debian packaging dependency on
bumpversion, but you are still using it from libosmocore, which IMHO is a
questionable approach. The idea was to not use bumpversion *at all*.

Could you explain briefly what the input and output of the bumpversion step
are? Like, does it always bump the patch version, never the minor or major
versions?

I would expect version bumping to be a human choice, i.e. I decide to tag a new
release with patch, minor or major version bumped, then 'make release' takes
that tag's version as a basis?

If tagging should happen automatically, we could ask the user to enter the new
version at a prompt or by makefile parameter.

> Also, https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/3973/ suppress error message.

Nice, added review.

> I don't believe it have anything to do with the build problem

Indeed, probably not.

~N

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/