OSMO-BSC integration to other MSC

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Wed Sep 20 14:48:43 UTC 2017

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 01:18:44PM +0800, Bob Skie wrote:
> If we are going to integrate OSMO-BSC to another MSC, for example, a Huawei MSC, what components do we need?
>
> Is their a link that can help us do this task?

We have the "old" osmo-bsc talking SCCPlite to the MSC, and the "new" osmo-bsc
talking SCCP/M3UA (not yet documented well). You should be able to connect them
by following the manuals and example config files.
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Osmocom_Manuals
https://git.osmocom.org/osmo-bsc/tree/doc/examples/osmo-bsc (new)
https://git.osmocom.org/openbsc/tree/openbsc/doc/examples/osmo-bsc (old)

However, integrating to an MSC of so far untested vendor is likely to be
non-trivial. If you require assistance with that, may I suggest to purchase
support from one of the companies proficient in Osmocom software. Doing so is
appreciated, as it will help fund the Osmocom community -- for example, this
mail you are receiving is funded by support contracts purchased from
sysmocom.de.

Thanks!
~N

--