osmo-ntib and osmo-bts-trx config file error

Pau Espin Pedrol pespin at sysmocom.de
Fri Sep 15 08:24:30 UTC 2017

On 15/09/17 09:52, mohammad nejati wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> OsmoBTS version 0.6.0.6-ae13
> OpenBSC version 0.15.0.885-968a6
>
> I flow the instructions from wiki page and create config files :
>
> https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/SDR_OsmoTRX_network_from_scratch
>
> but when i run :
> osmo-nitb -c ~/.osmocom/open-bsc.cfg -l ~/.osmocom/hlr.sqlite3 -P -C
> --debug=DRLL:DCC:DMM:DRR:DRSL:DNM
>
> I got this error :
>
> There is no such command.
> Error occurred during reading the below line:
>   timer t3103 0
>
> <0005> ../../../src/libbsc/bsc_init.c:536 Failed to parse the config
> file: '/home/ashtum/.osmocom/open-bsc.cfg'
> Reading config failed. Exiting.

I think there was a change a few weeks ago which prevents configuration
to set any timer to 0. I think you are safe removing that line and
trying again, and as far as I know the program will provide a sane timer
value.

> Similarly when i run :
>
> osmo-bts-trx -c ~/.osmocom/osmo-bts.cfg
>

> I got :
>
> ((*))
>   / \ OsmoBTS
> There is no such command.
> Error occurred during reading the below line:
>   fn-advance 20
>
> % rtp bind-ip is now deprecated
> Failed to parse the config file: '/home/ashtum/.osmocom/osmo-bts.cfg'

According to osmo-bts code:
"osmotrx fn-advance <0-30>"
So I'd say you need something like this:
phy 0
   osmotrx fn-advance 20

The config from that wiki page seems old and not matching the current
schema. Please have a look at an up to date config and merge it with the
required bits to work with your hardware:
https://git.osmocom.org/osmo-bts/tree/doc/examples/trx/osmo-bts.cfg

Feel free to update the wiki or provide here a working config once you
are successful.

--
- Pau Espin Pedrol <pespin at sysmocom.de>         http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93