Registering problem on osmo-bts

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Fri Sep 8 20:22:01 UTC 2017

Hi,

the attached pcap includes some OML init followed by 20 Mb of apparently
unrelated UDP packets ... is that supposed to be GSMTAP? My wireshark does not
decode it.

(General request: try to keep attachments to mailing lists as small as
possible. Remember, you are multiplying the size by number of subscribers. Make
it small, and if more than a few dozen kb, it's best to post a link instead.)

What I see is successful OML init, i.e. the NITB successfully registers the
BTS. There is no RSL, i.e. the BTS never comes back with any phones trying to
subscribe, no notion of a Location Updating or anything.

Note that your MCC+MNC of 001-01 is a special "testing" MCC+MNC that some
modems/phones treat specially.

All in all I see nothing that stands out as wrong.

What are the symptoms? Does your phone see the 001-01 network?
Maybe someone else knows better, I don't see anything.

~N