.deb updates in Debian/Ubuntu repos

Max msuraev at sysmocom.de
Wed Oct 18 16:50:17 UTC 2017

Hi.

For quite some time Osmocom packages are available in Debian [1] and Ubuntu [2]
repositories. That's a really nice thing although there're only minor distro-specific
updates between different releases so far.

In addition to usual "fix old bugs, add new features (and bugs :)" progress, there're
bigger changes happening in Osmocom [3] projects.

Most notably: we now have multiple repositories for BSC/MSC/SGSN instead of single
OpenBSC repo. The process is not finished yet (doc/manuals update is still under way
for example) but I think it's already a good time to discuss how can we bring those
changes into Debian/Ubuntu repositories. We already have nightly builds for all
packages from new repositories [4] as well as old ones [5].

The basic question is - what shall we do to get the packages built from new
repositories into Debian/Ubuntu?

Is there something we (upstream) can do, to facilitate the process?

Are there some notable .deb-specific patches you'd like to see merged?

Should I have used some other channel to communicate instead of emails I've fetched
from changelogs?

[1]
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=osmocom&searchon=names&suite=stable&section=all

[2]