prng change feedback

Max msuraev at sysmocom.de
Thu Oct 5 13:17:29 UTC 2017

On 05.10.2017 14:40, ringsignature at riseup.net wrote:

> As I understand the getrandom() interface in modern Linux systems - it
> is documented to block until it is initialized and then never block
> again - is that an incorrect understanding of that interface?

More like incomplete. We use it with *GRND_NONBLOCK parameter to make sure it never
blocks.*

> Additionally, it would be good to ensure that any
> system running OpenBSC has some source of entropy beyond interrupts and
> timing - is that already the case?

Out of curiosity - is there a way to check for this programmatically?

> Is there a system wide entropy depletion monitor in place?

Not that I know of. Is it some sort of a program or some kernel sysctl knob?

--

Max Suraev <msuraev at sysmocom.de> http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93