news for sanitizer builds

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Fri Nov 17 01:24:01 UTC 2017

I recently found sanitizer build failures, for example in libosmocore, which
our gerrit build job doesn't catch. At first I thought something was amiss and
maybe our gerrit sanitizer build were broken.

Instead, it turns out my debian9 gcc -fsanitize=address -fsanitize=undefined
finds many more issues that the debian8 one does not.
https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/job/gerrit-libosmocore/36/a2=default,a3=default,a4=default,arch=amd64,label=linux_amd64_debian9/

I already have a long series for mem leak fixes for libosmocore, mostly in the
regression testing code, but I count three real mem leak fixes in libosmocore
production code.

My plan is to merge the fixes and then actually move the libosmocore-gerrit to
debian 9 (or at least add debian 9) to make sure we don't add insanities that
the debian 9 build would find.

See https://gerrit.osmocom.org/4861 to https://gerrit.osmocom.org/4875.

I'm also taking a look at the other CellNet builds. The root motivation was to
find out why osmo-hnbgw doesn't work for me anymore currently.

~N