Whitelisting/Blacklisiting of IMSI

Ron ron.menez at entropysolution.com
Tue Nov 7 09:28:02 UTC 2017

Hi All,

May we request on how to allow specific number of IMSI in OSMO-BSC?

We tried the following using the REGEXP below, but all kinds of IMSIs are still able to camp.

First try:
auth policy regexp
authorized-regexp ^12312\d{10}$

Second try:
auth policy regexp
authorized-regexp 12312\d{10}

We also tried to used the access-list imsi-allow under BSC and then declare it under MSC configuration but still has the same behavior. All kinds of IMSIs are still allowed.

First try:
bsc
access-list TEST imsi-allow ^12312\d{10}$
access-list-name TEST

msc 0
access-list-name TEST

Second try:
bsc
access-list TEST imsi-allow 12312\d{10}
access-list-name TEST

msc 0
access-list-name TEST

We also tried to to used the access-list imsi-deny using the same regular expressions, unfortunately, still have the same outcome. All IMSIs are still allowed.

First try:
bsc
access-list TEST imsi-deny ^12312\d{10}$ 16 16
access-list-name TEST

msc 0
access-list-name TEST

Second try:
bsc
access-list TEST imsi-deny ^12312\d{10}$ 16 16
access-list-name TEST

msc 0
access-list-name TEST

But using access-list imsi-deny to a specific IMSI, we successfully block it.

Is there a way to block a number of different IMSIs only?

What regular expression format is used by OSMO-BSC?

Best Regard,

Ron Menez
ron.menez at entropysolution.com<mailto:ron.menez at entropysolution.com>