osmo-iuh fails to regenerate from asn1 sources

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Wed Nov 1 12:53:48 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 01, 2017 at 11:49:20AM +0100, Harald Welte wrote:
> clearly the "aper-prefix" is being ignored, as 6dcd9ca is the master branch
> and not the aper-prefix branch.

Damn, thanks, I missed that.

> Is the automatic update of osmo-ci not working since at least October 27 when

the update-osmo-ci-on-slaves job was never set to update automatically, it
seemed like a good idea at the time. But by now all of us expect everything to
update automatically after the gerrit submit, so I set it up to "Poll SCM" now.

Now I'm trying to figure out why osmo-deps.sh fails to set up the proper
branch. Somehow, even though the script is installed (manual testing on build
slave in /tmp works as expected), the jenkins job still uses an old one...

I noticed another failure in using 'checkout -f' to update a specific branch --
it's a deja vu, I've had these problems before: if I have a git clone that once
did 'checkout [-f] branch', and if then origin/branch gets updates, doing
another 'checkout -f branch' only goes back to the local tracking-branch of
origin/branch. We never pull in changes from origin/branch anymore as soon as a
local branch exists. Last time solutions were using 'git reset --hard', which
confuses local branches, and finally to just wipe the clone every time.

This time I think it's best to always prepend 'origin/', so that 'checkout -f'
goes into detached-HEAD state onto the newest fetched revision.

Fixing things now....

~N