Message Sequence Charts on A / SCCPlite / 3GPP AoIP

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed May 31 20:27:48 UTC 2017

Dear all,

today I put together some message sequence charges on the different A
interface configurations.  This should serve to establish some kind of
"common understanding" about what is different in terms of

a) classic A interface (E1 on Abis and A)
b) Old OsmoBSC with Abis/IP and SCCPlite+MGCP on A
c) New OsmoBSC with Abis/IP and 3GPP AoIP
d) New OsmoBSC with Abis/E1 and 3GPP AoIP (extended MGW)

The document is in gerrit review, but you can also find a rendered
version of the current draft at
http://people.osmocom.org/laforge/tmp/aoip-mgw-options.pdf

Please let me know if your understanding of the different
protocol/options is different.  I'll continue to work on the document
and add some more textual explanation.