osmo-trx rx gain question

Tom Tsou tom at tsou.cc
Wed May 31 18:13:07 UTC 2017

On Wed, May 31, 2017 at 4:06 AM, Max <msuraev at sysmocom.de> wrote:
> ALERT 139729930749696 12:59:48.0 UHDDevice.cpp:611:setRxGain: Requested non-existent
> channel 1

The error comes up because in MCBTS there is only one physical channel
- as in one hardware RF gain element. So the receive gain on channel 0
is effectively a global setting for all ARFCN channels; gain on each
ARFCN cannot be set independently.

Note that the transmit side behaves differently. The same gain effect
exists for all channels, but there is no warning. Instead, the gain
control command is sent to the device regardless of which ARFCN is
selected.

Perhaps we should make the Tx and Rx gain behavior consistent. I'm
open to suggestions.

  -TT