PCU socket in OsmoNITB breaks osmo-gsm-tester

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon May 29 19:26:07 UTC 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 10:24:13AM +0200, Harald Welte wrote:
> It's sad that we only see this now - for a patch that has been in gerrit
> for review since March :/

Well yea, also kind of normal to miss some things every now and then.
On the up-side, the osmo-gsm-tester is starting to give us useful feedback ;)

> > socket file should be cleaned up on exit??
>
> not sure if we do that for mncc and the other sockets.  I would try to
> follow what's done there.  In a crash you cannot reliably clean them up
> anyway, so in general one must live with that.

ok. As soon as the path for the sockets is configurable, the osmo-gsm-tester
will be fine.

> In classic GSM networks the PCU was always co-located with the BSC.
[...]

Ah ok, I understand now. All I know is Osmocom, so the classic way is new to me
:)

> > I would like this commit to be reverted until the location is configurable, so
> There are a long series of follow-up commits merged which would all need
[...]

It's ok, I can also write up a patch; though I'm not sure what you mean with
sharing code with mncc_sock yet. I could try to figure that out, unless you're
faster than me anyway.

It's not super high prio, because so far the tester is running only one {BSC,
NITB} at a time, and as long as we clean up after manual runs with a different
user things should continue to work for the time being.

> > I have a ticket for this in the OsmoGSMTester project, we may need to move it
> > to a different parent project or create a new ticket:
> > https://osmocom.org/issues/2293
>
> I think it's an issue with libbsc, so it should go to the OpenBSC
> project in the libbsc category?

Agreed.

~N