Half Rate Codec (GSM-HR-08)

Ron ron.menez at entropysolution.com
Wed May 24 14:33:16 UTC 2017

Hi All,

We are having “INCOMPATIBLE_DESTINATION” error in Freeswitch using the half rate configuration of each timeslots in NITB.

Our setup have 1 OSMO-NITB (with OSMO-BTS-TRX, OSMO-TRX, and OSMO-SIP-CONNECTOR) and 2 Freeswitch. One of the Freeswitch is local in the server while the other Freeswitch is at the cloud.

Using the Full Rate Configuration of each timeslots, we do not encounter the “INCOMPATIBLE_DESTINATION” error and we successfully connected 2 phone calls.

Upon using the Half Rate Configuration, "INCOMPATIBLE_DESTINATION” error occurs.

We played around the codecs of Freeswitch but unfortunately, we were not able to complete the call. It always disconnects the call immediately after the MT answers.

Does anyone tried this kind of setup before?

What equivalent codec does the “default-codec tch/h hr” or GSM-HR-08 as seen in Freeswitch?

OS: Ubuntu 16.10
OSMO Elements:
OSMO-TRX
OSMO-BTS-TRX
OSMO-NITB
OSMO-SIP-CONNECTOR
SDR: Ettus B210
Softswitch: Freeswitch (Version 1.6)

Attached are the config files used for OSMO Elements.

Best Regard,

Ron Menez
ron.menez at entropysolution.com<mailto:ron.menez at entropysolution.com>