how to use the CTRL interface to set TRAPs.

emily mcmilin emily.mcmilin at gmail.com
Wed May 24 01:48:45 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I have some uncertainty about how to use the CTRL interface to set TRAPs.

In the OsmoBSC user manual (for example), the example provided doesn't
specify an option to set for the 'var' I might be particularly
interested in monitoring:
`$ ./bsc_control.py -d localhost -m`

Is this the default to monitor all? Can I go about narrowing this?

Also, I don't feel like I quite understand the TRAP portion of "Table
2: Variables available over control interface" in the OsmoBSC user
manual:

For example, the 'name' column seems to generally indicate the 'var'
that one would pass in a GET/SET command, so I'm assuming the 'name'
associated with the TRAP-enabled rows has the same significance. But
these 'names' have no real meaning to me in terms of my experience
with VTY, for example 'notification'.

I have tried to look toward the osmo-nitb unit tests for inspiration,
as there is fantastic coverage for GET/SET, out haven't seen similar
for TRAP.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Emily