m3ua and sua testing as part of jenkins?

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Thu May 18 10:50:48 UTC 2017

Hi Andre,

On Thu, May 18, 2017 at 11:46:52AM +0200, André Boddenberg wrote:

> >> they are not yet listed on the index, but you should be able to clone
> >> them via git://git.osmocom.org/nplab/m3ua-testtool and
> >> git://git.osmocom.org/nplab/sua-testtool already.  I just tried, works
> >> for me [tm].
>
> Thanks, works for me too. Now I can see the test output, although
> tests are failing. Probably "culprit" is line 29 in test-m3ua.sh:
>
> Line29 =>  $STP_DIR/osmo-stp -c $STP_CONFIG &
>
> Error=> ./test-m3ua.sh: 29: ./test-m3ua.sh: ../..//stp/osmo-stp: not found
>
> Can you please help me to fix this issue?

you are not starting the script from within contrib/test, or didn't
build osmo-stp as part of libosmo-sccp?

> What is your general opinion about the verboseness of the Jenkins log
> and the XML report?

I think it would be useful to have a summay at first sight (at top of
the log?) and then the details at the end or after another click?

> I personally always prefer when Jenkins provides some information
> about the failure rather than only pointing out that something failed
> and referring to the console log.

yes, the question is how can we get both the summary and the detailed
log.

> Something else, can I may request a failing test or information how to
> change one to let it fail? :)

Just change the configuration in the m3ua-param-testtool.scm i.e. to a
different IP address or port number ('tester-addr', 'tester-port'; will
make all tests fail) or to a different point code ('tester-pc'; will
make some tests fail)