SMS to SIP-Message Support

Ron ron.menez at entropysolution.com
Mon May 15 05:40:01 UTC 2017

Hi All,

We are looking for a way to route all SMS to freeswitch to convert it to SIP-Message. The reason behind this is a better control and additional VAS for SMS transactions.

The forum that we had stumble upon is dated four years ago (http://openbsc.osmocom.narkive.com/9hGGHzZP/help-with-asterisk-setup-to-stop-openbsc-registering-handsets) and it seems that it was not yet supported by OSMO-NITB by that time.

Not sure if there is already an existing document regarding this case but, can anyone confirm if this is doable and help us on how to do it?

We are using the following:

OS: Ubuntu 16.10
OSMO Elements:
osmo-nitb