nano3G Access Points Authorization

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Mon May 8 10:29:04 UTC 2017

Dear Lin,

On Mon, May 08, 2017 at 06:06:51PM +0800, Lin HUANG wrote:
> We followed the instructions in the link you mentioned, and ran 'hnbgw',
> but nano3G didn't build connection to hnbgw.

The instructions on that wiki page relate to the 'accelerate 3G5' users,
i.e. who have received a nano3G femtocell from us with a known software
version and configuration.

If you have a nano3G from a different source, there could be several
hundred different parameters in the MIB that might be different.  In
that case, it might make sense to try to get a full dump of the MIB
parametrs via DMI from a working device and compare that line by line
with your output.

> When we used Wireshark to capture all packets over the PC net
> interface, we didn't see any packet from nano3G.

If you see no packets at all, I suspect something wrong with your
physical network / IP connection.  You should at the very least see the
DHCP connection, followed by NTP traffic to a public NTP server.  If you
don't first see successful DHCP and NTP handshake, there's no point to
look at Iuh.  In that case, your problem seems to be a problem with the
nano3G itself, and not an issue with the osmocom software.

> I attached the screenshots for you. Could you give some suggestion? What's
> the problem here?

As a general note: Please copy+paste the text from text consoles into
your mails rather than attaching screenshots. Thanks