dependency artifacts for faster builds/gerrit-verifications

André Boddenberg dr.blobb at gmail.com
Fri May 5 15:48:33 UTC 2017

> Out of curiosity:
>
> On 05.05.2017 17:19, André Boddenberg wrote:
>> Ive created a diagram [1] showing openBSC dependencies and the
>> dependencies of them to illustrate above-stated.
>>
> Is this manual work or you're extracting dependency info from configure.ac or debian/?

It's manually work and actually my first diagram made with dotty (nice
tool!). I simply went through openBsc' and its dependencies'
contrib/jenkins.sh files to create the diagrams.

How would you extract information about dependencies from configure.ac?

I would probably curl
http://git.osmocom.org/${project}/plain/contrib/jenkins.sh and
grep+cut all strings occurring after osmo-build-dep.sh and recursively
do the same for all found dependencies.

Do you in general think an automated way of creating dotty dependency
graph would be nice to have?