osmo-bts-trx channel activation

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Tue Mar 14 20:21:05 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 06:41:20PM +0100, Max wrote:
> How logical channels are (de)activated in osmo-bts-trx? For example in all
> the other models there's sapi_deactivate_cb() callback but osmo-bts-trx
> doesn't seem to be using sapi_cmd at all.

You could take a look at the dynamic timeslot implementation, i.e.
bts_model_ts_disconnect() and bts_model_ts_connect(). The way it looks is that
all you need to do is to set the new config of the channel. After all,
osmo-bts-trx has no lower level hardware to be instructed to do anything, it's
all in the structs in RAM: bts_model_ts_disconnect() for trx is empty.
bts_model_ts_connect() basically just sets the new TS config using
trx_set_ts_as_pchan(). I asked myself the same question back then, and in the
end found out that simply setting the new config works fine.

I hope that helps ... and is even related to your question :)

~N