RFC: jenkins pipeline

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon Mar 13 00:46:38 UTC 2017

On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 10:47:41PM +0100, André Boddenberg wrote:
> Can I may ask how you rebuild your docker images?

Manually. Basically so far changes to the osmo-python-tests were the only
events that needed a rebuild of that image. So when I changed something on
osmo-python-tests, I login on the build server, trivially bump the dockerfile
and launch a rebuild. All other changes, libosmocore thru openbsc, are built
for each job, so all we need there is a basis for building.

osmo-ci is pulled in from the docker commandline.

Would probably be good to have the/a docker image in osmo-ci and use that.  One
could autogenerate the tail of the dockerfile to add 'git checkout's of the
current HEAD hashes and trigger a rebuild as an easy way to re-use.

> I'd assume that an image is rebuild after a patch submission to osmo-ci

I agree that this would be a good idea.

> Thanks a lot for your support and the Dockerfile. I'm just wondering
> why the osmo-ci repo [8] doesn't hold the latest state of the
> Dockerfile is it used for builds?

osmo-ci is pulled in from the docker commandline, 'mounted' at /build_bin.
I believe I explained that here:

> >> our openbsc-gerrit build job has osmo-ci in ~/bin and links that to /build_bin
> >> in the docker build, also adding /build_bin to the PATH ... that's a bit
> >> cumbersome and is my fault from when I wasn't too familiar with docker yet.

If there's another osmo-ci in the dockerfile, we're not using that.

> [2] https://jenkins.blobb.me/view/osmocom/job/omso-seed/       (add

lol 'omso'

~N