BS-11 Serial Interface

Dieter Spaar spaar at mirider.augusta.de
Sat Mar 11 08:37:00 UTC 2017

Hello Alexander,

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 00:42:32 +0100, "Alexander Huemer" <alexander.huemer at xx.vu> wrote:

> I was not able to measure any voltage on any of the DSUB-9 pins when the=20
> BTS is powered up, but believe that on either RX or TX there should be=20
> the voltage level of the serial line since RS232 is active low.
> Has somebody seen this behavior?

Maybe there is something wrong with the cable? This is from my notes
about the BS-11 serial interface:

  The four E1 BNC connectors are here.

    5 6 7 8
    x x x x
    x x x x
    1 2 3 4

    2: LMT Tx (out)
    6: LMT Rx (in)
    4: +5V
    8: GND

There are two more 8-pin connectors below, you have to connect the cable
to the top one (below the E1 BNC connectors). The same with some pictures
is also here:

  https://osmocom.org/projects/openbsc/wiki/BS11LMT

Best regards,
  Dieter