Unknown HFC multiport controller

Alexander Huemer alexander.huemer at xx.vu
Fri Mar 10 23:24:36 UTC 2017

Hi,

I have a Siemens BS-11 and a HFC IOB1E1 PCI card.
The linux kernel is not very happy with the card, I get

        Unknown HFC multiport controller (vendor:1397 device:30b1
        subvendor:1397 subdevice:b543)
        Please contact the driver maintainer for support.

The same error is mentioned in [1] but with different subdevice id,
which I believe does not matter.
I am not sure why vendor ID 1397 (PCI_VENDOR_ID_CCD) and device ID 30b1
(PCI_DEVICE_ID_CCD_HFCE1) are not valid. Consulting [2] I was under the
impression that this is the expectation of the driver.
[1] does not provide an answer as far as I can see.
Would anybody know what the problem is here?

-Alex

[1] http://lists.osmocom.org/pipermail/openbsc/2009-August/001838.html
[2] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/isdn/hardware/mISDN/hfcmulti.c#n5445