MNCC ABI changes

Holger Freyther holger at freyther.de
Fri Mar 10 14:19:28 UTC 2017

Hi,

as part of looking into early media (and at some point handover handling) I would like to use MNCC_RTP_CONNECT and supply "recvonly", "sendonly" attributes. The gsm_mncc_rtp structure does not carry this information though.

struct gsm_mncc_rtp {
        uint32_t        msg_type;
        uint32_t        callref;
        uint32_t        ip;
        uint16_t        port;
        uint32_t        payload_type;
        uint32_t        payload_msg_type;
};

The content of payload_msg_type currently holds anything between 0x300 and 0x03ff and I would like to split this field into two uint16_t. The reason is not to change the size of the structure (and maybe not dump the protocol version). It would be a backward compatible change.

Is anyone open for such tricks? Otherwise I will bump protocol version and change the ABI (and try to update the various active users of this protocol).

holger