Thoughts on a next generation MIB/VTY replacement

Keith Whyte keith at rhizomatica.org
Thu Mar 9 15:14:45 UTC 2017

On 9 March 2017 14:41:37 CET, Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de> wrote:

I once used a script that connects to nitb's vty, prints the lchan
summary and
exits. I ran that once a second. It often managed to crash the NITB!

I do that often, once even forgot and left it running in a screen a few days.
It didn't crash. I cat show lchan to nc and have to make it wait for 1 second otherwise it sometimes misses to vty output, (minimum wait is 1 second with nc) Sometimes i would like to poll lchan faster.
Anyway, not an ideal solution for monitoring the lchans, as you know.
Fairwaves have something using the control port, but maybe expanding the meas feed is a better way to do this kind of thing?