RFC: jenkins pipeline

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Mar 4 09:38:05 UTC 2017

Hi Holger,

On Sat, Mar 04, 2017 at 08:57:08AM +0100, Holger Freyther wrote:
> The reason I moved the build instruction out of the Job into a file is to
> have people easily rebuild/reproduce it. E.g. it helps with people that
> either don't know make distcheck or can't copy the invocation from the log.

I think tat makes a lot of sense, and I would generally like to see more
(if possible) of the jenkins jobs move into the repositories, maybe even
those of the sysmocom jenkins.

It should be possible (and documented!) how somebody can locally
reproduce a build (particularly a build error) that is shown in a
jenkins job.

> I think if someone wants to reproduce the failure, it will be difficult for
> that person to checkout the right repository with the build script. :)

agreed.

> What I think should be avoided is to use Jenkins specific files. You might
> need to install Java and tons of jars to locally drive your build. ;)

also fully agreed here.