Osmocom nightly packages

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Sat Mar 4 10:01:03 UTC 2017

Hi Martin,

On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 09:13:58PM +0100, Martin Hauke wrote:
> i'm building osmocom-related packages for openSUSE since a few years on OBS.
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:mnhauke:osmocom
> https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/home:mnhauke:osmocom-iuh

Thanks a lot for that!

I think it would be best to merge your efforts with the "official"
osmocom nightly packages at
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/network:osmocom:nightly

The users likely want one well-maintained set of nightly packages, not
multiple sets from multiple sources, which is likely to cause confusion.

I've added you to the osmocom:nightly project so you have full access to
all related OBS configuration.

> How does the current workflow for the daily check-in of the nightly
> debian/ubuntu packages look like?
>
> There's probably a bunch of scripts that do

There's one script on jenkins.osmocom.org, in the
http://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/job/Osmocom_nightly_packages
build job:

====
rm -rf *
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/osmo-sip-connector
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/libosmocore
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/libosmo-sccp
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/libosmo-abis
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/libosmo-netif
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/libsmpp34
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/openggsn
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/openbsc
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/osmo-pcap
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/cellmgr-ng osmo-stp
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/osmo-trx
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/osmo-bts
git clone git://git.osmocom.org/osmo-pcu

PROJ=network:osmocom:nightly
osc co $PROJ

DT=`date +%Y%m%d`

build() {
  rm -rf data
  cd $1
  VER=`head -1 debian/changelog | cut -d ' ' -f 2 | sed s,"(","",  | sed s,")","",`
  dch -v $VER.$DT -m "Snapshot build"
  git commit -m "$DT snapshot" debian/
  gbp buildpackage -S -uc -us --git-export-dir=$PWD/../data
  cd ../$PROJ/$1
  osc rm * || true
  mv ../../data/*.dsc .
  mv ../../data/*.tar* .
  osc add *
  cd ../../
}

build libosmocore
build libosmo-sccp
build libosmo-abis
build libosmo-netif
build libsmpp34
build openggsn
build openbsc
build osmo-pcap
build osmo-stp
build osmo-trx
build osmo-sip-connector

cp openbsc/openbsc/include/openbsc/gsm_data_shared.h osmo-bts/include/openbsc/
cp openbsc/openbsc/src/libcommon/gsm_data_shared.c osmo-bts/src/common/gsm_data_shared.c
cd osmo-bts
git add include/openbsc/gsm_data_shared.h
git add src/common/gsm_data_shared.c
git commit -m "Copy OpenBSC files needed for the build"
cd ../
build osmo-bts
build osmo-pcu

cd $PROJ
osc ci -m "Snapshot $DT"
====

If you sign up to jenkins.osmocom.org, I can give you permissions to
access the configuration.

I think the general strategy should be to
* merge whatever useful bits you may have in your OBS jobs into
  osmocom-nightly.  They would be treated like any other patch via
  gerrit
* introduce support for more distributions in a next step, maintaining
  the related spec files also in the regular osmocom git repositories
  alongside with the code