knowing connected subscribers

Omar Ramadan oramadan at fb.com
Wed Jun 21 10:19:46 UTC 2017

You can use the location update timestamp in the HLR. The MS will RACH periodically based on the value of the T3212 timer. This is configurable to multiples of 6 minutes with 6 being the minimum. If a phone hasn't updates it's location after that interval has passed you can assume it's not connected