ipaccess 1800/1900 model

Albert Paijmans apaijmans at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 06:28:36 UTC 2017

Hello,

In the Netherlands the free gsm channel for private gsm networks is;

1875 - 1879,9  MHz  200 mW e.r.p. 200 kHz

875 - 1879,8 MHz  50 mW/MHz e.r.p.  ≤4,5 MHz

But I am a little bit confused as to how to set up an ipacces nanobts with
those frequencies
In OsmoBTS configuration file find bts 0 and set band to GSM1800
Also set frequencies to right value  arfcn
The example says (
https://osmocom.org/projects/openbsc/wiki/Multi-BTS_with_handover)

trx 0
   rf_locked 0
   arfcn 74
  trx 1
   rf_locked 0
   arfcn 84

---------------

I am not sure what to put at arfcn as the correct frequency with the
mentioned frequency..

A second question, the nanoBTS comes in 1800 for GSM1800, and GSM1900
variant thereof (almost identical hardware)
Well I can get 2 of the 1900 version very cheap from the USA but setting
the configuration file bts 0 band GSM1800 won´t change the frequeny of the
1900 model to 1800MHz?
Or can I only use the 1900 version in the free 1900MHz DECT frequency range?

I have attached the official document of the Dutch regulatory body with the
allowed frequencies, see page 28 for DECT frequencies in 1900 band and page
29 for picocell frequencies in the 1800 band.
To me it seems both bands 1800 and 1900 are allowed, 1800Mhz is the
official private gsm but for testing purposes using a 1900 model on the
DECT band should be ok to.
If the nanobts 1900 US model could also operate on the 1800 band that would
be even better.

Thanks, Albert