ip.access nano 3G S8 Configuration

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Fri Jul 28 13:48:36 UTC 2017

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 08:23:36PM +0100, John Thewlis - Meath Broadband wrote:
> We are trying to setup this AP as part of the 3.5G Osmocom project.
>
> We have the software stack operational and are now preparing the nano
> for testing.
>
> When we try to login via telnet at port 8090 we are getting a constant
> refusal to connect:-
>
> root at osm/openbsc/openbsc/src/ipaccess# telnet 192.168.192.30 8090
> Trying 192.168.192.30...

If you are absolutely positive that the nano3G has this IP address, then there
might be something wrong with the firmware image. Related: if a nano3G has a
dmi config file in its file system, the dmi telnet will not launch. You may
verify these things by logging in via ssh:
https://osmocom.org/projects/cellular-infrastructure/wiki/Configuring_the_ipaccess_nano3G#SSH-Access
I believe there's also a web interface to the nano3G, but I never use it and
notice that it isn't described on the wiki. Feel free to add if you find one.

If that doesn't help, sysmocom may have to flash a fresh firmware to fix it,
which involves physical shipping I guess.

> The device seems to be locked as indicated by the leds on the front panel.

What exactly is indicated?

~N