libosmo-sccp vty point-code

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Thu Jul 27 10:55:48 UTC 2017

In the libosmo-sigtran cs7-instance vty scope, we have the same point-code
command on adjacent scopes:

 cs7 instance 1
  point-code 1.2.3   ! sets primary_pc
  sccp-address msc
   point-code 0.0.1
  sccp-address sgsn
   point-code 0.0.2

So if we reverse the order, we're in trouble:

 cs7 instance 1
  sccp-address msc
   point-code 0.0.1
  sccp-address sgsn
   point-code 0.0.2
  point-code 1.2.3   ! sets primary_pc

The parser interprets the last point-code to belong to the sgsn address scope,
not the outer cs7 scope.

We could rename the sccp-address one to 'pc', but...

This reinforces the idea to do strict parsing of leading spaces in all our vty
config files to interpret as explicit scope exit. That would break some running
configs with odd spacing, but would also fix all of these issues forever.

Given we're moving to a kind of Osmocom 2.0, now would be a good time to make
such a change.

If we from now on disallow tabs and enforce single-space indenting of child
scopes, the code for that should be rather simple: count leading spaces and
done. And we'd need to turn this off for interactive VTY shells.

~N