GSMTAP based Virtual PHY merged in OsmocomBB and OsmoBTS

Harald Welte laforge at gnumonks.org
Wed Jul 19 11:39:26 UTC 2017

Hi Max,

On Wed, Jul 19, 2017 at 12:07:24PM +0200, Max wrote:
> Would it make sense now to package osmocom-bb as .deb so it can be used (virt-phy
> parts at least) the same way as OsmoBTs etc.?

possibly, but I think there is no urgency as a lot of parts still need
some cleanup before it is straight-forward to be used easily.

> On a somewhat related note - do we have a ticket which tracks removal of copy-pasted
> libosmocore from osmoom-bb and transition to main libosmocore built with --embedded
> configure option?

I would suggest you check the redmine issues yourself in order to find
out about that :P

In general, feel free to open as many tickets as you want.  However,
keep in mind that OsmocomBB is (and will likely remain) a pure community
project, with close to zero commercial interest or backing.  Combined
with the fact that it hadn't seen contributions for almost five years,
I'm not quite sure if somebody would ever be found to look at related
tickets in their spare time.