osmo-bts-trx fails frequently on osmo-gsm-tester

Pau Espin Pedrol pespin at sysmocom.de
Sun Jul 9 16:35:51 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 07/07/17 03:23, Tom Tsou wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 5:59 PM, Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de> wrote:
>> Kudos to pespin for finding that issue. Hopefully we can also get rid of the
>> remaining odd failure.
>
> Absolutely.
>
>> Interesting that it doesn't happen every time, nor on everyone else's
>> equipment. Maybe CPU speed or faster I/O makes it less likely to happen.
>
> That is likely. The bts-trx socket interface has been fairly static
> and I know that L2 scheduling issues have existed in OpenBTS. I doubt
> that there has been any recent regression; the use of faster CPU's has
> probably been covering up the issue for a very long time.

On top of that, I think the issues come too from the fact that we are
starting the whole network in an automatic way at the same time, which
increases the number of messages and time required to sync everything
and become stable.

--
- Pau Espin Pedrol <pespin at sysmocom.de>         http://www.sysmocom.de/
* Alt-Moabit 93