osmo-bts-trx fails frequently on osmo-gsm-tester

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Fri Jul 7 00:59:36 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 05:07:00PM +0200, Pau Espin Pedrol wrote:

> On 05/07/17 12:13, Neels Hofmeyr wrote:
> >pespin has submitted a patch for osmo-trx that appears to completely fix the
> >osmo-bts-trx clock skew instability problem! Please merge it if possible :)
> >
> >https://gerrit.osmocom.org/3120
> >

> The issue is still there, however error rate dropped dramatically after that
> patch. See for instance:
> https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/view/osmo-gsm-tester/job/osmo-gsm-tester_run/1186/console

To clarify the term "dramatically": failure rate is now about three out of 50
tester runs, i.e. three out of 100 osmo-bts-trx tests. Lately it had been
failing every second test, so the improvement is huge, from 50% down to 3%.

Kudos to pespin for finding that issue. Hopefully we can also get rid of the
remaining odd failure.

Interesting that it doesn't happen every time, nor on everyone else's
equipment. Maybe CPU speed or faster I/O makes it less likely to happen.

~N