Build failure of network:osmocom:nightly/osmo-trx in xUbuntu_16.04/x86_64

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon Jan 23 20:14:08 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 01:28:32PM +0100, Max wrote:
> Is there something wrong with jenkins?

https://jenkins.osmocom.org/jenkins/job/Osmocom_nightly_packages/

As you could have seen youself, the job has been red for the past 3 runs.

[[[
+ gbp buildpackage -S -uc -us --git-export-dir=/home/osmocom-build/jenkins/workspace/Osmocom_nightly_packages/osmo-bts/../data
gbp:error: Can't determine upstream version from changelog
Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
Finished: FAILURE
]]]

It comes from your
commit 70b71507c27f8967b0aa31cad0b3070c6780f3b4
deb: use gsm_data_shared.* from openbsc-dev

because you changed the debian/source/format to "quilt".
I saw that change and thought you knew what you were doing,
because I certainly don't know what that does :)

https://gerrit.osmocom.org/#/c/1636/1/debian/source/format

If I change it back to 'native', gbp can again figure out the version number on
my machine. Do you need that quilt thing for something else??

Next time maybe try to run gbp buildpackage on your machine before submitting a
debian/ patch?

...should we add that to the gerrit build?

~N