jenkins.osmocom.org build slave

Neels Hofmeyr nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de
Mon Jan 16 14:05:01 UTC 2017

Previously I wrote about the "Broken Pipe" error sporadically causing our
gerrit tests to fail for unknown reasons. To try and avoid those (successfully
as it seems), I reduced the nr of executors for our OsmocomBuild1 debian slave
to 2; used to be 6 IIRC. My argument was that 'make -j 9' would anyway utlize
the resources, except during the python testing phase.

But the build slave queue is getting awfully long sometimes and builds are just
sitting and waiting for a long time. But when I 'top' on the build slave, I see
the CPU idling between 50% and 90% ... assuming that the CPU activity in docker
is also shown on the host OS. So now I increased the nr of executors to 3,
seraching the optimum that still avoids the 'Broken Pipe' error.  Would of
course be much nicer to fix this particular curious failure and just hammer the
nr of executors up to the roof again.

~N

--
- Neels Hofmeyr <nhofmeyr at sysmocom.de>          http://www.sysmocom.de/